Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 6 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:22 pm

I look at the woman, and see the gold coins in her hand
    "Thank you very much, but you did your job either way, and did it well. It would be wrong for us to take the money back. Keep it!"
    I smile at her and close her hand over the money in her palm
    "You must be one patient woman to have stood here for what feels like days waiting on us to notice you Mrs. ..........."
    I pause realizing I never got her name
    "I'm sorry, but I don't think I ever got your name?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:45 pm

"Tevani. Tevani Longstrider. You can call me Tev." She smiles and pockets the gold. "I am sorry for what happened inside. The usual customers do not tolerate ones they see as lower class dining in the same establishment as them. We serve whoever comes in, but it usually ends the way it did today." She sighs. "They know that Harish the owner will take their sides....well, thank you for the gold. I wish you all well." She smiles her bright smile and puts her head down and turns to go back to the tavern.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:48 pm

"Wait, could I bother you with a question? It might help us with our current endeavors."

I say with hope in my voice
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 pm

"Tev, thank you for coming out here to us. I have a question as well."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Tevani looks confused. "A question...for me?" She puts her hand to her chest and smiles a little. "How could I help travelers like yourselves other than serve your food and drink?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:53 pm

"We are looking for a guy, possibly the same person who sells the alcohol to the tavern."

I hand her the sheet of paper with the description of the person we are looking for.

"He looks like this."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:08 pm

She takes the paper and looks at it. "I don't deal with the merchants much. But, the silver pendant....I think I have seen one like that."
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:17 pm

"Did you see it on a customer in the tavern?"
    I ask her
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm

"No, the man that sells the spirit. He wears it. But he does not look like this. He has golden hair and blue eyes, very handsome....he does dress in all black though."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 am

"Do you know where we can find him? Or even his name?"
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:36 am

"That's interesting, that helps a lot."
    As we stand around and talk, I remember our meeting
    "Zylo how much longer do we have before our meeting?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:45 am

I turn to Ragnar and say

"According to the position of the sun and the shadows on the ground, and the distance that bug over there as walked...I would say...soon"
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 am

"Its hard to tell, it seems as if time has passed slowly yet quickly in the last little bit. Tev how would I be able to contact you later? It seems like our appointment is coming up soon and I would like to see you again."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:52 am

*you have been standing for 30 minutes*

Tevani response with a pouty face deep in contemplation, "Nope, don't know his name or where to find him. But he does wear that pendant and dark clothing. But you can meet me after I leave the tavern. In two hours. I really do need to be getting back."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 am

"Alright, thank you for your help and I am sure we will be seeing you soon."
    I wave her off and turn to Ragnar.

"Maybe this guy might have changed his hair color? Thoughts? Concerns?....", I look closer to Ragnar...
    "Feelings??????"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:58 am

Tevani smiles and walks back to the tavern, "Goodbye to you all."
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:45 am

I look at Zylo
    "I feel like kicking your ass if you keep that up" I laugh.
    "this seems like it could possibly be our guy, but he doesn't really match our description. Maybe its some kind of magic pendant, or he can change his appearance. I'm even more curious now. We should probably get ready to head back to met our man"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:31 am

I laugh "I am just pointing out the obvious, but all in good fun."

"I say it is time to go see our guy."

I start making my towards the back of the tavern.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Your party moves to the back of the tavern, a few moments later, the bartender walks out the back door.

"Hello there." He smiles. "I am sorry for earlier. The usual crowd here doesn't like new comers."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:19 pm

"I feel like its more than that, but that is ok. I know you could not do anything about it."

I shift closer to the bartender.

"So I was hoping you would be able to help us out. We are looking for a guy who matches this description and who possibly is the provider of the spirits ale you sale at your fine establishment."
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:33 pm

"Yeah, it didn't seem like it was because we were newcomers, but because we were different. Its ok though, if we wouldn't have been in there they would have completely run away. But it doesn't matter now. We needed to get on with our job anyways. Thank you again for helping us out."
    I look at Ord and Geliah, wondering if they are under some kind of spell. They have been eerily silent since we left the tavern.
    I wave my hand in front of the Dragonborn's face to to see if he notices, oddly enough he doesnt.
    "That is strange" I think to myself. "We will have to figure this out sometime"
    I turn my attention back to Zylo and the Barkeep, "Anyways, you were just doing your job earlier, nothing you could have done."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:35 pm

The bartender looks at you bewildered, "What description? And the merchant we purchase our spirit from is a secretive fellow. Don't know if I can help you."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:37 pm

I show him the sheet of paper...........of the description.......of the person....we are looking for....
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm

"Xylo you dumbass, you didn't hand him the paper, he cant read your mind!" I laugh out loud and hold my gut
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:41 pm

I notice this all has a since of familiarity, almost deja-vu like, and wonder to myself where this odd feeling is coming from

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:38 pm