Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:42 pm

"I showed him you burly big guy...."

I am not good with comebacks.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:07 pm

The bartender takes the paper and reads it. "Nope. The only thing that is similar to Aerl is the pendant and the dark clothing." He hands Zylo the paper back. "I don't think I can help with your job." He shrugs.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:12 pm

"Mmmmh. Not even a direction to find him?"

Taking note of the name Aerl. That is a neato name.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:19 pm

"He normally shows up every couple of weeks and brings an order of the spirit. I think he travels down south to get it."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:08 pm

"Down south? I am not too familiar to Grath, being new to this island. Would you happen to know who would know where to easily find Aerl?"

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:51 pm

"Not sure. He just showed up one day and let us taste his spirits. He said he'd sell us a barrell of it. We bought. And then he said he'd be back in a fortnight. He should be due tomorrow if my days are right."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 pm

"Mmmmh, how convenient! If he comes tomorrow, then we can meet him then!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:44 pm

The bartender shrugs. "Guess so. Why are you so keen on meeting him?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:07 pm

"We have a friend who would like to do business with him....and if we get this done....free booze forever!!!!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 am

The man laughs, "That's quite a deal indeed. But we are the only tavern around that sells his drink. So you would be cutting into our business, lad. But, who knows if he will even sell to you. He is very picky. But down south as in Valtish. The spirit is made by the zealots on the island. He is the only one that I know of that can get the stuff."

"Is there anything else I can help you fellows with? If not, I should be heading back inside."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:34 pm

"I am sorry that you see it that way and I am also sorry that we would do that to you, but I am sure with the reward that we are given you could understand. Thank you so much for the information that you have given us and if you need any help, I am sure you can find us."

I turn to the group to discuss the matters that we have been presented with.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:51 pm

The bartender smiles and heads back inside. "Good luck on your journey. Oh, Aerl should be here in the morning. He usually pulls his cart up where you are standing." With that, he disappears into the tavern.

The air is silent and still. You all can hear the market in the distance. A few people are hollering for customers to come look at their wares. Hundreds of voices murmuring in the outside the alley that your party is standing in. The long silence from Ord and Geliah has put an unease on the party....like an absence of thought or emotion. They stand there....expressionless. Like statues that can walk. Is this some sort of trance? Have they been charmed? Are they zombies? What happened to this half of the party? Only time will tell.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:21 pm

"Well he was helpful, I guess" I say to Zylo. I look at Ord and Geliah again
    "Do they seem odd to you? Something isnt right....."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:48 pm

"Well, even if Aerl can't help us or sell to Owen, we can just go to this island and get the barrels for ourselves. So there is always that option."

I look at our weird companions and stare at them.

"Your right they have not said much for a very long while."

I poke their faces and try to find any reaction, but nothing.

"Well....lets see what stuff they have on them since they are not reacting to anything I am doing to them." I say jokingly.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 pm

They both swat your hand away as you poke their faces....at least they can defend themselves.

You suffer 1 bludgeoning damage from their defensive hit.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:55 pm

"Oww, at least they can still defend them selves....."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:56 pm

A bit of drool slides down Ord's scaly chin.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Geliah's sways in the wind to keep balance.

Might as well leave them alone, hopefully they will follow you and eventually pull their weight. Or not. You can always just abandon them somewhere. Maybe best to report in with Owen on your findings, this is what both your guts are telling you.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:01 pm

"uhhhhh........ok......well.......maybe this is some kind of meditation....I will leave it be for now...but Aerl does not come till tomorrow morning and soooo we have a lot of time to kill. We could try to find a fight club. I need to make some extra coin while we wait."

I look towards Ragnar.

"Looks like you have been itching to fight as well. Want to come along. Who knows, we might end up fighting each other for fun!" I laugh and slap him on the back of the calf since he just towers over me.

"But before that, lets refuel ourselves at Owens place. Find more urchins their willing to help us find a club to scratch my fists against."
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

"Sounds good to me! I need to meet with Tev too"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Ord and Geliah follow you to Owens (I am guessing that you are going there from what you said)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:31 pm

So we make our way towards Owen's hopefully with no trouble in mind.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:45 pm

The party arrives at Owen's tavern unharmed.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:55 pm

I walk in looking for Owen. Hoping to find him and to hopefully get something to drink and eat to replenish my self. I wonder what time it is??
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm

It is about 3pm.

Owen is at his table that you originally found him eating some more food, he has one of the large mugs of ale. He looks up at the party as you walk through the door. He smiles, "Do you have news for me?! You work fast!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 am