Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 10 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:32 am

The woman smiles and pours you an ale. "Here you are deary." It is nice and frothy and smells strongly of hops and yeast. Tev takes her drink and sits at a small table in the corner by the roaring fire. "So?" She says to you as she sips her strong-wine.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:12 pm

The crowd is getting into it. I have to step it up.

I step forward and come in with a downwards hit putting a lot of force.

If this connects, I will grapple him and take him to the ground.

(Grapple is a bonus action if successful with strike.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:29 am

Dook wrote:The crowd is getting into it. I have to step it up.

I step forward and come in with a downwards hit putting a lot of force.

If this connects, I will grapple him and take him to the ground.

(Grapple is a bonus action if successful with strike.)

You connect and he is taken down to the ground. You have your arm wrapped around Gareth's arm and your legs are wrapped around his. He has one free hand.

He attacks you with his free hand and strikes you in the shoulder, you take 3 bludgeoning damage.

(Zylo: 7/15 HP)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:27 pm

I take my free arm and hit him as hard as I can in the head.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Zylo: Your fist strikes Gareth in the face, hard. He looks rocked. But he is still not out. He wiggles out of your grapple and gets to his feet.

(Zylo: 7/15 HP)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:03 pm

I stare him down and show my fangs. He is almost done. One more good hit should knock him down for good.

I run up to him full sprint, hop in the air and try to land a devastating punch.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/dx0JZw5QhKYMg/giphy.gif
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:30 am

I smile back at Tev
    "So what did you have in mind besides this fine food and drink?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Zylo: Your punch lands in a devastating blow. Gareth crumples to the ground unconscious. The crowd goes absolutely wild. The announcer yells, "Gareth goes down!!!" Money starts exchanging hands quickly. The man in the shiny robe comes over to you and places 10 gold in your hand. "For your win." Some men drag Gareth out of the circle and tend to him.

Ragnar: Tev giggles. "Well, I thought we could talk."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 pm

I pocket the money in my pouch. I sit nearby to rest up (short rest) to regain my vitality and watch the fights.

I think I can do another fight in just a bit. I try to stay low not trying to stand out.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Zylo: You chill there for a couple of hours, you heal 7 hp and expend 1 hit die. (14/15 hp)

You watch many fights. Do you bet on any?

Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:41 pm

I do not.*

I stand, stretch out my limbs to limber up and make my way towards the guy with the clip board.

"I think I got one more fight left in meh. Sign me up."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:00 pm

He grunts. "You're fighting Skrath" he points to a slim man with a handsome face, but with a scar running from under his eyes across his nose.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 pm

I nod and wait for the match to start. Getting ready and able.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:20 pm

A few matches go by. You and your opponent get called up. Skrath makes his way into the circle. Looks at you and smiles. "Hello there."
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 am

I look at Tev, "Anything in Particular?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 am

I see he has a nicer demeanor than the other. I do a formal bow,"It is a pleasure to fight with you"

I look at him up and down to see if I notice anything off about him. Usually people are not so friendly in these rough places.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Ragnar: Tev smiles. "How about you? Let's talk about you." she takes a sip of her drink. "Why were you in the rich district, looking like you do, asking the questions you were asking?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Zylo: You don't notice anything off about him. He just smiles at you as you bow. "I hope you are ready, friend."

The announcer yells, "FIGHT!"

1st Zylo (14/15) -

2nd - Skrath (0 dmg) -
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm

"Let's have some fun."

As soon as I hear the word Fight, I close the gap quickly and go straight in for a punch in the stomach. Almost in an uppercut fashion
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 pm

I look at Tev as she eyes me over her drink, and I kind of half grin.
    "We are on a job looking for a man selling a specific drink and I heard he might be in that district. Then my partner and I met the Dragon man and the wolf boy, and I decided I was hungry and could use a drink, and thats when we saw your tavern."
    I take a swig of my ale,
    "as for why I look the way I do," I give a light laugh"well I'm a massive and I like to be comfortable and able to fight well in what I'm wearing, and this happens to work for just that!"
    I laugh and point to my clothes.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Round 1:

Zylo: You hit deep into this guy's stomach. In the moment of the impact, you feel his muscles, they are hard as steel, your hand hurts slightly from the hit. Regardless, you deal 5 damage to your foe.

Skrath brings his elbow down on your face and drives it into your cheek. You take 4 damage

End of Round 1:

Zylo (10/15)
    Skrath (5 dmg)

Start Round 2

Ragnar: Tev laughs. "You were in a dangerous place for fighting. The guards would have slaughtered you if you had not left." She sips her drink. "You were after the Goddess of Grath wine. That is the name of the drink you were searching for." She raises her eyebrow inquisitively. "Did you even know it's name? Or where it comes from?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 pm

His muscles are stronger than I expected. This fight is going to be a fun one.

I swing my leg up to his face for a nice hit on the cheek to return the favor.

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:44 am

Zylo: Your attack lands. He spirals to the ground prone. Is he out? He starts moving a bit. His hand moves under his body to push himself back to his feet. Then, you see it. He runs at you with a dagger and pushes it towards you. "You and your friends are dead." He hisses at you. But you gracefully dodge the blade.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:38 pm

"Well I guess your not as friendly as I thought." I say as I dodge the blade.

This guy is now a threat. I have to take him down. He must die. I must protect my friends.

As I dodge I quickly hit him across the face as hard as I can.

If this connects, I grapple him....try to make him talk...if he does not talk...I'll kill him.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Zylo: You miss completely.

Skrath: He thrusts his dagger at your stomach again. But again, you artfully dodge his attack.

As you look in his eyes, you notice that they are red and yellow, corrupted. He may not be in control of his actions. The other fighters have backed up, making the circle wider. They all have their hands on their weapons in case this fight gets out of control. You still see coins being passed around in the crowd...are they betting on the fight still?

Skrath yells at you again, "You bastard. Die!" and swings his dagger at you once again. He plunges it into your gut. You feel the pain spread through you. You take 1 piercing damage.

Zylo (9/15)
    Skrath (10 damage)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 pm