Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm

RAGNAR & GELIAH:

In the Eastern Market, you search for a man that Owen, your client on this mission, has tasked you with finding. You have found that his name is Rael. You have asked around the more expensive taverns and shops in hopes of finding him. You have a week to find this man. You have a vague description of his appearance. You know that he is a sneaky fucker that likes to stick to the shadows of the city.

In the market, you see a bustling tavern with finely clad customers walking in and out. The stalls along the road have gold and silver trinkets with intricately crafted details, aka high dollar items.
    There are fine food vendors selling premium fish, meat, and vegetables. There are a number of guards standing around the market keeping their eyes open for any wrongdoing. Each stall and store seems to have a personal guard as well, each with their unique armor and weapons standing stoically ready to attack at a moment's notice.

A man dressed in finery walks along the market with his two slaves carrying trinkets and baubles. The storefronts that line the large market have glass windows, a sign of great wealth, and finely crafted doors. The man walks into the store that you can make out to be a jeweler's shop.

A couple of young men walk up to the two of you. They are wearing nice clothes, they each have jewelry, rings and necklaces. One blonde, one redheaded, the blonde one smirks at you, "You two don't look like you belong here." He crosses his arms. The redhead chuckles, "Here to cause trouble?"
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm

I eye up the two men, and their crappy attitudes, contemplating if they are worth the trouble of fighting. It isn't worth me starting anything, but I won't take it lying down if they bring it.

I reply, "I'm not looking for it, but believe me if I was you wouldn't want it. We are just working a job, which doesn't have to include you if you don't want it to. I suggest you let us move on."

I'd prefer not to cause a scene, but if they want it I won't deny them a beating.I would much rather just get on with our job at hand.

I look to Geliah for confirmation, knowing that if I dont intimidate them, then maybe she can talk us out of this.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

"Ahhh, of course, this will definitely help with looking for this guy you need." I nod to Owen.

I turn and walk out of the pub. I turn to my tall scaly friend.
    "You have any idea where to start? Probably someplace fancy and high dollar...oooorrr some place dark and brooding...or both....yeah that's fair. Thoughts?"

I scan the streets for any inclination or direction to go while I wait for my companion to answer. Hands above resting on the back of my head, looking for any lead to start us on this new quest. Then I remember.

"We need to find this giant...mmmh. Where to start."
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

I ponder for a moment, "The person we're looking for is an entrepreneur of some kind. Let's look in the nicer areas of town first. If we have to brawl in the worse areas of town and he's not there then we won't be presentable for the nice areas. People won't want to talk to us if we have other people's blood on us." I chuckle at this.
    Gabbie4eva
    Gabbie4eva

Post by Gabbie4eva Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:14 pm

I look to Ragnar realizing his imminent rage and I step in to try to diffuse the situation.

“Please excuse my friend. We are simply looking for information to help us move along with the job assigned to us. Besides, starting a ruckus here really isn’t worth your valuable time. Would you agree?”

I give Ragnar a side-eye showing disapproval of his behavior.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

I catch Geliah's glare, look the two would be goons over again, and begrudgingly agree

"What she said"

I pay more attention to my surroundings, and my gear, trying to subtly prepare just in case.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Irish Ninjutsu Master wrote:I ponder for a moment, "The person we're looking for is an entrepreneur of some kind. Let's look in the nicer areas of town first. If we have to brawl in the worse areas of town and he's not there then we won't be presentable for the nice areas. People won't want to talk to us if we have other people's blood on us." I chuckle at this.

I chuckle," I suppose your right, but I already look like a ruffian with my attire and with these chain bangles...people usually just shy away from me. Alright to the nicer part of town and who knows, I might find meself something worth while."
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Dook wrote:I chuckle," I suppose your right, but I already look like a ruffian with my attire and with these chain bangles...people usually just shy away from me. Alright to the nicer part of town and who knows, I might find meself something worth while."

"Alright. It's decided then." We proceed to head towards the Eastern market looking for an out-of-place goliath with a large axe.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:16 am

Ragnar and Geliah

The two boys take a few steps back at Ragnar's intimidation, "We just never see the likes of you in the Eastern Market." The redheaded boy says. The blonde boy puts his hand near his hip, you both notice a dagger with jewels encrusted on the handle. "Don't cause us to call the guards on you, brute."

They turn and walk hurried away after you both reply. And go into an alley.

There looks to be any manner of shop in the Eastern Market. Scanning the area, you so not see Rael.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 am

Zylo and Ord:
    Owen waves you goodbye and goodluck. You headto the Eastern Market. Which is east of the Western Market that you are in now. You notice the streets get a bit nicer as you head East in Grath. They turn from dirt to cobblestone to fine brick. You cone upon a giant market, which you can only assume is the Eastern Market with elegant shops and stalls with all sorts of manners of finery and wealth.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:39 am

Relieved I look over to Geliah, "I'm glad we didn't cause any trouble, but I haven't had a good fight in a while." Then my stomach loudly grumbles, and I look down at myself.

"And apparently I haven't had some good food in a while either." I chuckle "Maybe we should shop around and, if nothing else we wont look so conspicuous. Maybe someone will have seen this Rael guy, and maybe some food."

I look off into the distance, daydreaming about food, and scanning for some kind of food stand or shop.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am

"This place got real fancy real quick, ehh? I think it will not be that hard to find a giant amongst normal folk...or hell anyone out of the ordinary not mixed with," I start bolstering up and lower my voice to a mockingly snobby rich-type,"these highly acquainted silver-spooned up our arses to tasted the finer things in life."

I get quiet and off my high horse and start scanning the area. Taking in the stalls and trinkets to see what might be useful or anyone that matches the two certain people we are searching for.

)Perseption(
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Ragnar: You see the fancy tavern that is likely to have food.

Zylo: You suddenly realize that you have been walking for a good while as the roads had gotten fancier. Maybe it was just your speediness that made you feel that way. You spy a large man with barely any clothes on towering over the crowd....you see he is carrying an ax. He is accompanied by a woman about 3 foot shorter than him that you can just barely make out through the crowd, she has on more clothes than the giant man. They are scaring off a couple of rich brats.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:35 pm

"There he is!!!" I say to Ord. "That's got to be our man! He is literally towering over the crowd...be all scary and tough looking."

I look at Ord with puppy dog excited eyes only thinking about free drinks with Owen!!

"Lets go! I am sure he is friendly despite his size!" I tug onto Ord to get going!!
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 pm

"Okay, you cheeky lad, I agree. That's most likely him. Let's catch-up...and stop tugging at me please."

This fellow makes me laugh. What wonderful company.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:26 pm

"Alright sorry, just excited about this adventure.....and the reward!!" I stop tugging at the dragon.

I yell "HEY YOU! BIG GUY! ARE YOU RAGNAR?!"

Not really caring who sees or hears, I trot over to the big guy.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 pm

I spot a tavern and start to head that way, as I do I hear someone shouting my name. I hesitate since we are so close to the tavern,

"Geliah, that better be the tavern calling my name, do you hear that?"
    Gabbie4eva
    Gabbie4eva

Post by Gabbie4eva Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 pm

I in fact hear his name being called but I jokingly respond, “ Yes Ragnar. I surely do but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was coming from your stomach”.

I smirk at the idea of this but immediately bury the thought in fear of Ragnar’s reaction.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm

"Lets check it out then I guess. It's probably somebody wanted me to rough someone up for then again."
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm

I follow slower behind Xylo towards the Goliath and the smaller woman.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:28 am

Zylo and Ord: You make your way through the crowd to Ragnar and his associate, he stands tall over you both. The woman he is with is a few inches shorter than Zylo. Both have completely ignored you until now.

Ragnar and Geliah:
    Suddenly through the crowd a scruffy lad and a white lizard man block your path and stare at you. They clearly want your attention. They don't look like they belong on this side of town. The scruffy kid looks like he is half feral, and the lizard man looks like he is a seasoned warrior.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:05 am

I approach the Lizard man and the scruffy looking guy, eyeing them up as we get closer to each other.

"Yes I'm Ragnar, and this is my partner Geliah. You guys look just as out of place as we do here, so I'm guessing you're either here to fight us or get us to fight with you?"

I hear my stomach rumble again, and look down and then look at them again

"Either way, I need food before we get into whatever we get into, and it isn't worth fighting here if that's what y'all want. I'm going in to this Tavern here, Join me if you want and we can talk in there."

I turn towards the tavern and await their reply as we walk.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:42 pm

"Fancy food, eh?? I am absolutely willing to join you, but yes, we need to talk and as much fun as it would to have a tussle with you, that is not what I desire from you." I follow the towering giant into the tavern.

I sense a lot of familiar warmth with this giant...
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:01 pm

"Your latter guess was correct. My name is Ordrak and this is Xylo. We were sent here by Owen to join up with you. Besides, I'll never turn down a drink and a meal."

You can't help but feel like you've known this big bruiser from your past.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 pm

I laugh and roll my eyes

"Hahaha, Owen would send someone my way! Well its nice to meet you guys. Lets get some grub and get to know each other. Food and conversation go great together."

We enter the Tavern and I hope we enter a new journey together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:12 pm